The Best Dissertation Topics In Architecture: 20 Questions To Look Into
In the event that you are taking a course in architecture, you will at some point be asked to deliver a strong paper, and present it to your teachers for marking. The following are some simple ideas that you can work with, in the event that you are allowed the freedom to choose your own topics:
- Discuss the changes that we have seen in the social housing architecture over the past decade
- Discuss the nature of middle class architecture and its place in modern society
- Explain how recent mortgaging agreements affect architecture
- Explain how airport designs can be made to make the terminals more efficient, giving reasonable examples
- Explain how the architectural designs of ancient churches were influenced by art
- Discuss how the destruction of the urban landscape is manifesting in the region you live in
- Discuss some of the challenges that poor workmanship can render to a project
- Explain the ethical boundaries that professional architects have to be bound by in their line of work
- Given the opportunity to advise a project manager on constructing in a swampy area, how would you advise them to proceed?
- Discuss some of the challenges that are associated with skyscrapers
- Explain some of the benefits of using technological models in architectural diagrams
- Criticize some of the programs that are currently available in the market for use in architectural designs
- Describe some of the key points that you need to focus on when drawing a palatial house
- What is the role of the governing body of architects in the industry?
- Provide an accurate description of an architectural model that would be appealing to a religious client
- Discuss the difference in the design of houses in cold areas and warm areas
- Explain how computer aided design has improved the work of architects over the years
- Discuss some of the 19th century architectural designs that are still in use today
- Explore the concept of abstract expressionism, in comparison with architecture and artistic expression
- Imagine that you have been invited to provide a motivational talk to students who are just about to make their pick of courses. Explain how you would encourage them to take a course in architecture, highlighting some of the benefits of taking this course over all the others available to them.
Architecture Thesis Topics That Would Stand Out
The best thing you can do when starting a thesis is picking the right topic quickly. Once this is out of the way, you have freedom to do your research and get right into the project. Without a topic, you can waste precious time floundering. Also, students who decide on a topic and then need to change it are just using up the time they have before their deadline. It’s much better to spend a little more time picking the right one, but not taking too long to decide before moving on. If you really need more help with topic picking, keep reading to find out about how you can do just that.
When working on a thesis, remember that this is the most important piece of writing you’ve done so far in your life. It’ll be long, hard work but it counts for a lot as far as your career goes. Starting with a strong topic and one that you love learning about is key to making your thesis great from day one. You need your work to stand out by showing your individual passion and intelligence regarding the topic.
Topic Ideas for Unique Architecture Theses
You can use some of these to kick-start your own work or use them as is. Any of these topics can be a great way to get into your research and find something you love about architecture. You went into this program for a reason, and your thesis should show that passion for your field. Use these ideas as a stepping-stone for your own work:
- Waterfront property development
- Creating low cost housing
- Local heritage museums
- International terminals for cruises
- Airport design and functionality
- Planning peripheral parks
- . School vs. public libraries
- Architecture for cinemas and theatres
- Skyscraper design
- Multifamily suburban houses
With these ten to get your inspiration flowing, you should be able to come up with something that you like enough to write about. Once you have that topic, you’ll be able to start planning, outlining and getting to work. Your thesis will thank you for properly deciding on a topic and taking enough time to pick the right one. When you have an idea for a topic you really enjoy, your advisor will see the difference when they read the finished thesis. It just makes sense to write about the reason you took architecture in the first place.