The Positive and Negative Effects of the Internet
The Internet has some great positive effects. Some of these include:
- Internet search engines are the best information retrieval systems available. They bring any kind of information for internet users, from local restaurants to international news.
- The Internet provides some of the most effective means of communication among people, including online emailing and instant messaging.
- The Internet makes possible for business and comp anies to do transactions with their clients and customers.
- Thanks to the internet, people can take action and avoid adverse circumstances. For instance, hurricane, storms and accidents can be tracked through the internet.
- The internet has allowed the interchange of ideas and materials among scientists, university professors, and students, in addition to provide servers, resource centers and online tools for their research and scholar activities. Moreover, million of books, journals and other material are available through the internet because of the digitization of public domains material from libraries in the States and Europe. This action enables people to learn all new sort of things.
Sometimes, the internet can have negative effects, including:
- Illegal or inappropriate materials can be found in the internet.
- Some people in recent years have illegally downloaded music or other copyrighted material for free. This action has had a negative impact on the music industry and has led to several lawsuits.
- The addiction to online social networks can disturb a person's way of living and professional activity.
- Some criminals use the internet for spreading computer viruses or even intercepting credit card or bank details for spurious purposes.
You can learn more about the positive and negative effects of the internet in the following websites:
Internet today has become an inseparable part of our lives and irrespective of our age, profession as well as field. We are making use of the internet in some way or the other. Out of all the people who use internet for fulfilling their everyday needs, requirements as well as entertainment purposes, teenagers are often seen to be the biggest contributors to the use of internet. Today parents have least control over the type of content their kids are exposed to on the internet and with the increasing number of teenagers who are finding their way towards internet; it certainly has become a topic of concern as well as fear for their parents. With virtual relationships and friendships given more relevance over the real ones, it is high time that we regulate the extent of internet exposure provided to our children.
Negative & positive effects of internet on teenagers
Addiction is one of the prime reasons why teenagers are discouraged from spending more time on the internet that required. Once a teenager gets addicted to the several social networking websites as well as the adult content present on the internet, it is needless to say that their social and academic skills are going to be largely affected by it. Studies show that children who spend more time on the internet as compared to the time spent with their friends and families become recluse as they grow. Not only this, they also start losing internet in their studies and as a result become a target of social stigma which weighs an individual’s worth and calibre on the basis of the marks obtained by them.
Apart from this, teenagers who are new on the internet often see it as a playground where they have endless things to try and explore. This leads to addiction and them drifting towards exploring different stuff on the internet which involves several chatting websites and content which can leave a deep impression on their young as well as developing minds. For instance, teenagers are seen getting into relationships with people they hardly know on the internet and thus begin the trauma which these young people should not go through at this age, not to forget the impact it has on their academic and social lives.
However, we cannot deny the fact that internet also comes with its set of positives as well. With the huge amount of information present on the internet, teenagers can use it to great extents for academic purposes. It will keep them connected with the outside world which will help them in staying informed about everything that is happening around the world.
Putting it in simple words, we can say that internet is good for teenagers as far as its use is regulated and they are taught about the positives as well as negatives from the beginning. They should be told not to convert it into an addiction. Remember that internet is needful for their academic growth and social development but it is never a necessity.
- essay on uses and effects of internet
- impact of internet on students life
- Impact of internet on teenagers
- effect of internet essay
- IMPACT OF INTERNET ON Teenager
- negative effects of internet on stadents and teenagers
- impact of internet on youth essay
- internet is spoiling young generation essay
- essay on misuse of internet among youngsters
- perfomance speechh impact of internet