After you have loaded and sent an Assignment to Students, you'll need to teach them how to complete and submit an Assignment. Have your students follow the steps below:
- Log in into their Edmodo Account.
- Select your Class from the left side panel and the student will see the Assignment in the Post Stream, or they can view the Assignment from their Latest Activity area in the Post Stream of their Homepage.
- Click the “Open Assignment" button located next to the due date to submit the Assignment.
- Students can choose to create a new text response or Office Online file or attach a pre-existing file from their computer, backpack, or connected Drive, or a web link.
- Click on the “ Turn in Assignment" button.
Note: If a student wants to resubmit an Assignment, they can use this same process to resubmit the assignment as many times as necessary, until you have graded it. Once you have graded the Assignment, you can also request that the student resubmit the assignment.
Are your students submitting image files for an Assignment?
Many teachers have their students submit image files for assignments on Edmodo. This is a great way to collect student work. However, when image files are attached to assignment submissions, their file size is reduced to increase the speed and performance of the upload, which can occasionally result in decreased or distorted image quality. If you would like to maintain the original file size and quality of the image, please see the solution below:
- Students can upload their photos to an external hosting site, such as Flickr or Google Photos, and then attach the links to their images to their assignment submissions. This way, you can ensure that the students' submissions will not be distorted or reduced in quality.
- Or, browse this list of other photo-sharing sites that you can use.
I’m a teacher of middle school (gr. 7-8) and really like the assignment turn-in and grading system. I use it every day.
Biggest problem: students turn in assignment, realize they made mistake, want to turn in again, and can’t without teacher deleting.
Suggested Fix: Create feature for teacher to accept assignment. That way, teacher can wait until class is over or other decided time and student has ability to re-submit assignments.
2nd biggest problem: When grading assignments, once you post a grade and return to group to grade another, you don’t automatically go back to where you were in the list and have to search for the group and then the next student.
3rd biggest problem: Teacher comments when assignment is graded is not very visible. Students don’t readily see it.
Suggested fix: Make it larger, more colorful, or other graphic device so students see it more easily.
Thank you though, Edmodo, for easily the best teacher tool to come along in years!!!