Cover Letter Tips for Hotel and Hospitality
Its very challenging when you find yourself in need of another job. Whether it is because of being laid off, fired or phased out of a position, its not easy to put yourself out there again after being let go. You can be successful and have a new, better position by following the tips below.
1. Try not to be negative during your search for jobs in Hotel and Hospitality. Focus on what you can do in the future and channel your energy into putting your best foot forward.
2. Make a decision about your path. You may choose to get hired in a position that is exactly like the one you left, or you may choose a job in a new career that uses your top skills.
3. Be creative in your job search. Try to figure out unique places where job leads may come from. Reading professional journals, checking out message boards on the Internet, or attending networking events may lead to jobs in Hotel and Hospitality.
4. Work on your speaking skills to help you prepare for the important interview. Make it a point to research common interview questions, and take time to rehearse stating your answers to such questions.
5. Its not always about what you know, but who you know. Be sure to make contacts with as many people as possible connected to the company or industry you are hoping to get employment with.
Housekeeping Supervisor Cover Letter
Housekeeping Supervisors work in the hospitality industry and are responsible for coordinating staff who handle cleaning duties. They may also be employed by hospitals and schools. Essential duties of a Housekeeping Supervisor include: assigning tasks, setting schedules, recruiting and hiring employees, taking disciplinary action when needed, proposing dismissals, collaborating with other departments, ordering supplies, issuing equipment and cleaning solutions to workers, and maintaining records.
A successful cover letter sample for Housekeeping Supervisor should mention the following abilities:
- Knowledge of housekeeping work
- Physical fitness
- Flexibility and being able to work in shifts
- Time management and multitasking
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Being able to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to details
- Conflict management
- Computer literacy
The cover letter example below showcases similar Housekeeping Supervisor qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Housekeeping Supervisor Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Greer:
When I learned of Lighthouse Inn & Suites’ need for a new Housekeeping Supervisor, I hurried to submit the enclosed resume for your consideration. As a dedicated and team-oriented professional with solid experience leading employees in performing a full range of cleaning, tidying, and general housekeeping services, I am well positioned to exceed your expectations for this role.
From communicating with customers and identifying their needs to inspecting employee work and ensuring a meticulous performance, I am adept at directing housekeeping staff to provide top-notch job quality and maximum customer satisfaction. My excellent problem-solving and time-management skills—as well as my proven ability to appropriately allocate staff to expediently and efficiently complete jobs within or ahead of schedule—prepares me to successfully supervise your cleaning team in this position.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Overseeing up to 16 housekeepers at a time in performing a variety of responsibilities—such as vacuuming, making beds, cleaning bathrooms, and restocking supplies—in reputable hotels and inns.
- Listening to employee suggestions and challenges, and implementing improved processes and procedures to boost staff morale and retention levels while maximizing on-the-job efficiency and productivity.
- Investigating guest complaints when necessary pertaining to housekeeping service and equipment; identifying and swiftly remedying issues to mitigate customer concerns and encourage repeat business.
- Excelling within physically demanding atmospheres while ensuring accurate completion of necessary tasks.
With my experience supervising staff in providing exceptional housekeeping service, combined with my inherent interpersonal and prioritization skills, I am ready to provide outstanding leadership for your cleaning team at Lighthouse Inn & Suites.
I look forward to discussing the position with you in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Patricia S. Parker